UPDATED FOR 2018
By now you have had a chance to review your business for 2017 and start planning for 2018.
In conjunction with my planning tools I used in the 2016 Shining Year Biz Planner I am also creating a business plan for my blog.
Looking back on my accomplishments and what didn’t work too well last year, has helped me to plan my business for the new year. I am excited for the new goals and business objectives for 2018.
Every year you must create a business plan for your Empowerpreneur business.
What are your financial goals?
What is your marketing plan?
What do you plan to achieve your business objectives in 2018?
What products and services will you sell?
How does your blog support your business plans and goals?
The first thing you need to do is review your 2017 blog stats.
You should know these 7 most important things:
1. The blog posts that drive the most traffic.
2. The blog posts that drive the most engagement.
3. The social media platform that drives the most traffic.
4. The social media platform that has the most engagement.
5. The blog posts that creates the most leads.
6. The blog posts that creates the most sales.
7. What SEO keyword / keyword phrases drive the most traffic
Every month review your blog stats. Have you been using a blog stats tracker?
Download the Blog Stats Tracker
The second thing you need to do to create your 2018 Blogging Goals is to figure out your blogging objective. It could be the same one you had when you started but with everything there is change and as your business changes your blogging objectives might change too.
So what is your blog objective(s) for this year?
Based on your blogging objectives and your blog stats you should be ready to create your 2016 Blogging Goals.
Use numbers to clarify and create metrics.
Increase sales of (product/service) by
Launch a (product/service)
Increase mailing list by
Create a community (# of returning visitors or increase membership)
Attract a new audience (# of new visitors)
Other goals include
Establish yourself as an expert
Build brand recognition
Build a platform to coach, speak, or sell more books, products and services
To achieve these blogging goals:
1. How will you drive traffic to your blog?
2. How will you retain readers on you blog (opt-ins, downloads, branding)?
3. What is your search engine optimization (SEO) strategy?
4. What is your social media strategy?
5. What is your lead generation strategy (opt-ins)?
6. What is your sales strategy? What products do you plan to promote and or launch in 2016?
7. What is your content strategy? Create your 2018 editorial calendar.
Set yourself up for success by creating your 2018 blogging plan.